Guaranteed to Cut 7 Strokes from Your Score

Monday 20 June 2011

Laird regrets US Open preparation

Martin Laird ponders his poor scoring at the US OpenLaird was particularly disappointed with the work of iron - 11 of the Congress: R McIlroy (NI)-5: YE Yang (Kor) - 2: Z Johnson (United States), R. Garrigus (United States), (b) Snedeker (United States), S Garcia (Spa), M Kuchar (United States) - 1: R Rock (Eng), A. Quiros (Spa), K Kim (Kor), (h) Slocum (United States), (d) love (United States), R Palmer (United States)B Jobe (United States, after 17) selected others: + 1: P Mickelson (United States), L Westwood (Eng) + 2: G McDowell (NI), S Stricker (United States), P Harrington (Ire), M Hansen (Ger) + 4: Donald L (Eng), (b) Watson (United States), (d) Johnson (United States), M Manassero (Ita) + 5: M Laird (Sco) S Gallacher (Sco), J Rose (Eng), P Casey (Eng) + 6: I Poulter (Eng)And Els (SA) Martin Laird admitted that the lack of practice was his downfall as he and fellow Scottish Stephen Gallacher lost the US Open by a stroke.

Both followed by 73 opening rounds with disappointing 74s for total of five under par in the Congress.


And Laird told BBC Scotland: "I am very disappointed." You can not climb in a US Open without practicing.


"And, for three or four weeks of tournaments, I have not hit a ball".


The 28 year old only had been able to make three cuts in 14 tournaments in 2011 and he won the Arnold Palmer Invitational, held one-third complete, was in the top 10 six times and finished in the top 25 nine times.


These results left him 24th in the world rankings and with hopes of doing well at the US Open.


His lack of action before one of the largest in golf was due to a family birthday in Europe.


"To be honest, I have not practiced in the past month, with a large number of commitments outside the course, which have been great too," said.


"I missed the cut at the Memorial, so it had not played since Friday of last week."


"Then only hit me balls for 45 minutes on Thursday - which was all he had done until I came here on Monday."


"I was hitting well at the beginning of the week and have started to hit it worse because he has spent the week when they are expected to work his way."


"I am very disappointed." "I feel like this Golf me adapt, but if you is not affecting his iron good round here, will help you".

Stephen Gallacher strikes out at CongressionalGallacher found scoring difficult in his first US Open round

Born in Glasgow Laird he hoped to return to his homeland next month.


"I'm going to go and work hard in the next couple of weeks before returning to the open of Scotland and to the outdoors and the decision," he said.


"I look forward to obviously." I am glad that I have a couple of weeks until that time so that you it solved.


"My coach and I are going to meet next week and hard work."


"I've got a tournament next week and then have a week before the game for the Scottish."


"Always play in front of the crowd of House is special." Rather, it is my favorite tournament of the year.


"Return to see friends and family and get to play in front of a crowd of House - not really is better."


"I look forward to, and then to a open Sandwich and other important."

No comments:

Post a Comment