Guaranteed to Cut 7 Strokes from Your Score

Thursday 2 June 2011

Gallacher pursues the dream of the Ryder Cup

Stephen GallacherGallacher played in two of the largest in the last year, completing the 23 in the open and 18th in the USPGA Championship Stephen Gallacher believes that it would be "a gap" in his career if not involved in the Ryder Cup.

"Has been in my family for my life," said former Captain European Bernard Gallacher's nephew.


"It is the most important thing that I like to do before finishing playing." I think that it would be a vacuum that not to do so.


"I've been trying hard to get in the top 50, then can get in the big leagues and all major events for the points classification".


The 36-year Scottish currently 76 in the world after a good season 2010.


This year began brightly with a fourth place finish at the Volvo Golf Champions in Bahrain in January and has places for x, XI and XII to its name.


However, Gallacher lost the cut in the PGA Championship this week at Wentworth with two disappointing 75 rounds of.


"I'm going to go away and try to get my game in the form of classification open on Monday," he said to the BBC Radio Scotland.


"I'll have a think and see where it went bad." I practice it right, so it does not recur.


"It feels a little down, but I still have a lot of tournaments left."


"Just need to improve my short game a bit high." It is infantilism and confidence; It is a fine line.


"It is a difficult qualification process for the Ryder Cup and really needs to be playing at all these events or you do not have a chance."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment